North Canterbury Business Awards ceremony postponed

SHARE

By Robyn Bristow

Covid-19 alert levels have forced the North Canterbury Business Awards to be postponed until November.

The Gala Awards Ceremony had been scheduled to take place in the new MainPower Stadium in Rangiora on September 24, hosted by North Canterbury Enterprise.

Business Support Manager, Miles Dalton, on behalf of the awards team, says ENC is working through potential dates, as well as a backup plan for holding an event, if “we are still in level 2”.

“These dates are all in November and we will confirm the exact dates once we have worked out the logistics with all of our suppliers.

“If you have paid for tickets and are unable to attend the new date, we will of course offer a refund of the ticket price,” Mr Dalton says.

A total of 84 organisations entered the awards, with 62 selected to take part in the gala event.

Judging has been completed for the winners and runners up in the eight categories.

Voting in the North Canterbury News sponsored, People’s Choice Award closed on August 11.

The winners and runners-up will be announced at the Gala Evening.