Scottfresh produces a year-round supply of high quality fresh vegetables which are distributed via our market partners to consumers throughout New Zealand. Please visit www.scottfresh.co.nz for our full company profile.
In this permanent, full-time position, you will report to the Business Manager and work between Spotswood and Conway Flat in North Canterbury. Candidates with either limited or extensive experience will be considered. Modern accommodation will be provided for you if required, whether you are single or have a family. This position will encompass both administrative and operational areas of responsibility, which will suit a person who wishes to be exposed to all aspects of a vegetable post-production operation. If you have agronomic skills and wish to lead our field trial programmes, there is an option for you to do so.
International travellers form a significant portion of our seasonal workforce, so your ability to successfully recruit and connect with these young people will ensure an ongoing upbeat and enjoyable work environment.
You will lead the business in the following areas:
• Recruitment & in-field leadership of the logistics, harvest and post-harvest teams
• Customer communication, supply planning and forecasting
• On-farm H&S compliance, NZ GAP, HACCP
Your areas of competency will include:
• Either a relevant tertiary qualification or experience in an agri production environment
• Willingness to work both in-field and perform key administrative functions
• Strong attention to detail, leadership and team building skills
To speak about this role in strict confidence or to request a position description, please phone Deb Francis from AgRecruit on 021 224 5000. Otherwise, send your CV and covering letter via www.agrecruit.co.nz by Sunday 31 March 2019.